What Are BFGoodrich KO2 Tires?
You can’t talk about all-terrain tires without bringing up BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. This is not only the granddaddy of off-roading tires; today it is still the best off-road performance tire around. The BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 was the first ever designed and tested all-terrain tire back in the mid-1970s. It’s easy to see the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 has been a champion for decades and never stopped being the top dog in the AT segment, off-road category.
What makes the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 so amazing; well let’s say a lot of things do. But what we feel has kept the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 top of the game for so long is that BFGoodrich has been racing and crushing it in the Baja with Trophy Truck racing and buggy racing in Class 1 and 10. In all three of these categories, BFG runs the Desert Racing BFGoodrich Baja T/A KR3. All of the technology in the KR3 flows into the BFG KO2. Anyone can develop technology, so what makes BFG a standout and find success is from the months of testing in real-world situations with the Trophy Trucks and buggies.
Now that we understand the decades of history, testing, and development behind the BFG KO2 it’s time to see what’s in the current BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2.
- BFGoodrich’s signature Serrated Shoulder Design maximizes grip in mud, snow, and over rocks (especially when aired down).
- CoreGard Technology provides a 20% tougher sidewall, increased overall rubber thickness and a sidewall composition that resists bruising and splitting on the steepest rock trails or the bumpiest sand dunes.
- 3-Peak Mountain Snowflake Rating (exceeding the Rubber Manufacturer Association’s requirements for traction in severe snow and winter weather).
- A complex network of interlocking tread elements that work together to provide stable handling both on and off-road.
- A stabilized tread center that enhances everyday traction.
What does this all lead to within the BFG KO2? It makes it a leader in its class, an off-road champion, and the perfect tire for your truck, Jeep, or off-road machine. When you put on a set of BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires you will instantly get an aggressive look and turn heads. The only thing you may be missing is a great set of wheels to complement the tires. You now have confidence in handling the toughest of off-road situations combined with the peace of mind that comes from knowing your vehicle will be quiet on the road and perform safely when it’s heavy rain or snow. The BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2 is truly the perfect tire for any truck, Jeep, or lifted vehicle.
If you’d like to try out the KO2s, schedule an appointment with Scott’s U-Save today! We’ll get your tires shipped, mounted, balanced, and installed so all you have to worry about is ripping up the nearest off-road trail!