Holiday Charity Giveaway – Steger
- Contestants requires a minimum of 50 votes to qualify
- One vote per day per person
- Votes tied to unverified emails or phone numbers will be disregarded
- Voting for more than one charity is prohibited
- We will not share your cell phone number or email with anyone
- We will only send you emails and texts that are related to the charity that you have selected and Scott’s U-Save
- 1st: $750
- 2nd: $500
- 3rd: $250
All three of our stores are grateful for the support you and your neighbors show us on a daily basis. But support is a two-way street. That’s why we’ve decided to give back to the community. “Scott’s Gives Back” is a way for you to help your favorite organization. And, best of all, all you need to do is vote. Scott’s U-Save will donate to each organization based on what place they come in at the end of December 23rd, 2022
Please Choose a Charity and Cast Your Vote Below!
South Suburban Humane Society
The South Suburban Humane Society is an animal welfare organization serving more than 2,000,000 residents of South Cook County and beyond. The organization was founded in 1970 and for more than fifty years has provided lost/found pet services, adoption, and innovative community programs. In 2022, the organization moved into its new Animal Resource Center headquarters in Matteson, IL designed as a one-stop for pets and their people in need with adoption, a resource center, a Low Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic, and a Low Cost Veterinary Services Clinic. SSHS is ALWAYS recruiting volunteers and foster homes. For more information about SSHS, visit southsuburbanhumane.org or follow on Instagram at @southsubhumane
St Liborius Parish COMMUNITY OUTREACH Food Pantry
Community Outreach operates a Food Pantry and Soup Kitchen from the Hall of
the old School building of St Liborius Parish … 3440 Halsted Blvd in Steger
FOOD PANTRY … twice per month for those in need of food who live in
Beecher, Crete, So Chicago Hts or Steger (with proof of residence in these
communities) or Veterans (with proof of Service)
This is a CHOICE PANTRY, NOT pre-bagged.
Available: Dairy, Meat, Fresh Produce, Bakery, all Dry Goods
- Saturdays following the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month … doors open at
8:45am. Service in order of entry from 9:00-11:00am.
In other weeks, service in order of entry on Tuesday evenings from 7:00-9:00pm SOUP KITCHEN … for those in need of food …
- Eat-In: Also for seniors in need of companionship … Food served after 5:00pm
- Drive-thru: Food served after inside service, about 5:15 or 5:30pm. Cars line up south-bound on Halsted Blvd up to driveway.
Signs are posted on both Hall doors with dates/times each program is in operation
- Helping people through their temporary emergencies with financial assistance.
- Providing food to families and individuals in need.
- Providing sound referrals and counseling for other needed services.
Respond Now’s dedicated and trained staff are exceptional at what they do, but we can always use more help. Like many non-profits, volunteers help form our organization’s foundation, and a strong tradition of community involvement has been there since the beginning of our over-50-year history. We accept help in a range of critical tasks, whether that means filling bags in the food pantry, reading to children in the Children’s Reading Room, working in the Clothing Boutique, assisting with general office work, helping with computer tasks, stocking shelves, or setting up special events.